W.E. Heart Local Open Farms
Saturday June 10 • 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hosted by: W.E. Heart Local
Open Farms will let you explore some of our W.E. Heart Local partners – each offering a unique experience. Think farm fresh tastings, behind-the-scenes tours and hands on activities to learn all about what our farmers do to bring you fresh produce!
Join us on Saturday June 10th for a free day of family fun with the following partners and their activities planned:
- Amherstburg Farmers Market 10am to 1pm: Butterfly Ecosystems – Native plant species you can use to build a sustainable Monarch Habitat.
- Big Oak Farms 12pm & 2pm: Farm Tours | 11pm to 3pm: Farm animal meet and greet with photo ops. BBQ Angus burgers available for purchase.
- Dockside Fisheries 1pm to 3pm: Oyster shucking classes.
- Essex County Federation of Agriculture at The Farm House Market 12pm to 4:30pm: Essex County agriculture trivia game.
- Maidstone Tree Farm 12pm to 4pm: Tree pruning & planting tutorials, with face painting for the kids!
- Oxley Estate Winery 3pm: Vineyard Tour | 12pm to 3pm: Taste wines, dotty (non-alcoholic beverage), paired with delicious popcorn! Children may enter a colouring contest for a chance to win a prize.
- Raymont’s Berries 1pm & 3pm: Guide Farm Walking Tour. See how berry crops are grown with an opportunity to sample and view farm equipment.
- The Farm House Market 12pm to 5pm: Tractor photo op, meet and greet with ponies, farm craft.
- Vivace Estate Winery 12pm & 2pm: Enjoy a winery tour. Passholders receive 20% off tasting flights.